Damn Lileks, how do you do it?
I'm sitting here trying to conjure up just one meaningful thought, and I've been staring at this damn screen for 20 minutes.
Alright, how about a little background on why I decided to start blogging. Damn, I hate that word, it sounds like puke. Blaaaahh(g). Anyway, I use to read the more traditional media for my information, and I found myself more and more frustrated with the lobsided perspective most of the big guys presented. Where could a conservative centrist find some valuable information without bias?
My first weblog experience was over at Little Green Footballs, the awesome resource created and maintained by Charles Johnson. As a supporter of Israel, I was hooked as soon as I read 3 or 4 entries. This guy was no nonsense, presented facts and backed it all up. From there, I discovered this vast community of people with a unique perspective on world events that I could never have found through the mainstream media. Glenn Reynolds, Jeff Jarvis, Roger L. Simon, James Lileks, Andrew Sullivan, and the list goes on.
I am grateful for the daily effort that these and so many other talented writers put forth to bring us news that really matters. And so I will attempt to jump in and throw my ideas in the mix so that I, too, can contribute to this new media phenomenon where we don't have to depend on CNN, The New York Times, AP and Reuters for our news. I'm excited.
Alright, how about a little background on why I decided to start blogging. Damn, I hate that word, it sounds like puke. Blaaaahh(g). Anyway, I use to read the more traditional media for my information, and I found myself more and more frustrated with the lobsided perspective most of the big guys presented. Where could a conservative centrist find some valuable information without bias?
My first weblog experience was over at Little Green Footballs, the awesome resource created and maintained by Charles Johnson. As a supporter of Israel, I was hooked as soon as I read 3 or 4 entries. This guy was no nonsense, presented facts and backed it all up. From there, I discovered this vast community of people with a unique perspective on world events that I could never have found through the mainstream media. Glenn Reynolds, Jeff Jarvis, Roger L. Simon, James Lileks, Andrew Sullivan, and the list goes on.
I am grateful for the daily effort that these and so many other talented writers put forth to bring us news that really matters. And so I will attempt to jump in and throw my ideas in the mix so that I, too, can contribute to this new media phenomenon where we don't have to depend on CNN, The New York Times, AP and Reuters for our news. I'm excited.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home